Monday, January 25, 2010

I have written this post as an entry into the Just Jen $100 GC Blogging Contest hosted on ABlogOfGoodies.com.


I was looking around the internet to try and find some good deals when I came across this contest.  I looked at the custom shirts and thought they were cute and immediately knew I wanted to enter the contest.  When ever I travel with my daughter to Philadelphia we put a shirt on her so that everyone we come across in our travels will know...they will know that my daughter is alive today because of the generous Gift that was given to us...the "Gift of Life".  You see, my daughter was born with a rare liver disease named Biliary Atresia and the only chance she had on seeing her 2nd birthday was with a liver transplant.  We waited 8 months on the organ transplant list when we received "the call" that would change our lives.  "The call" that would give us Life!  Our donor angel's family agreed to save the life of a stranger in the mist of their grief...they saved my daughter and for this I will forever be grateful!  Not one day, not one hour, not one minute goes by that I am not grateful for the Gift...the Gift of an organ donation.  


So you see, when I read that part of the contest was to write about the description of what the shirt would look like well...I thought this would be a great time to share our story.  The story of a mother whose heart started to beat again the day our angel's family agreed to give us the Gift of Life.  So with this said I would want to shirt to be very blingy like the princess my daughter is and for it to say..."Organ Donor's Save Lives...One Saved My Life!" with the green ribbon below it...so when we travel to our next appointment at her transplant hospital people will ask and question as they always do.  And it will give me and my husband to share our story in hopes that maybe just maybe we will have someone who has not considered organ donation do so...and in turn save someone else's life the way my now 3 year old daughter's life has been saved!




 

No comments: