Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Does Couponing leave you Insane? Great Publix Deal!

Am I insane? I got a call from my husband about 10 minutes ago.  He is stuck in traffic about an hour away from our home.  He tells me that he sees a Publix and is going to run in and see if they have any different coupon booklets then our local Publix.....I get excited!

About 5 minutes ago, I got a call from him telling me that he found a great deal while looking through this Publix. He found that the Chi-Chi's Fiesta Plates that are currently Buy One Get One Free (BOGO) have a coupon peelie on them.  The peelie is a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free"!  He had been eyeing this product and wanted to try it but our motto now is ... no sale...no coupon...no Go!  He purchased 18 of them and spent $7.47....yeah he calls me and says that he had to explain to the cashier how the peelies work in conjunction with the sale (So, very proud of him!) and then when she rang him up the cashier said, "Hey, for this price I am going to get some!"  He tells me,  "I know I got a deal...tell me what that works out to".  Uhm....that is $.41 a lunch! 

This is when I realized that I have reached the line of couponing insanity ... I AM BEYOND excited for him to come home...so I can give him a hug and take a picture of the deal so I can share with all of you!!! 

When you are at Publix keep your eyes open for the peelies this week...this deal makes for some pretty cheap lunches!

1 comment:

Gillian Behnke said...

Thanks for the follow - following you back!