Monday, June 28, 2010

Menu Planning Monday

So, I did decide that I am going to start planning my weekly menu.  I am usually tickled with the sales ad for Publix but this week I really am not ... except for the {Free} milk I will be picking up!  I told you about that deal HERE.  So, this is the menu I came up with for my family this week.

Monday - Oven Roasted Chicken, Grilled Potatoes and Baby Carrots

Tuesday - Shepherd's Pie and a salad (the Fresh Express salad is BOGO at Publix this week)

Wednesday - Pasta and Meatballs (made from leftover ground beef from the Shepherd's Pie) and a salad (the second bag I will be purchasing on the BOGO deal).

Thursday - Ropa Vieja and Tostones (I purchased green plantains at Sedano's today they were 4 for $1).  This is a latin meal - you can find directions on how to prepare the Ropa Vieja on my other site HERE.

The nice thing about Ropa Vieja is that it can be prepared with whatever chunk of meat that you find on sale.

Friday - Sloppy Jose's (this is what we call our version of Sloppy Joe's when we make it with leftover Ropa Vieja) and oven fries.

No comments: