Friday, July 16, 2010

$5 Frugal Fridays for Others

The month has begun and my $5 budget has restarted.  For those of you who are knew to my site on Fridays I track the food I have purchased to give to others...the goal for me is to stretch $5 to purchase as much as I can to donate at the end of the month.  Why $5? Because it breaks down to such a small amount every week...$1.25 that it is doable.  $5 a month  ... that is the goal.



July - 1st week - spent $0 - purchased 4 bottles of Kraft Sandwich Mayo.  (I purchased these at Publix this week using the Yellow Advantage coupons. 

July - 2nd week - spent $.25- purchased 2 bottles of Musselman's applesauce. (I purchased them at Publix. They were BOGO and I found 2 Publix store coupons in their flyer making both jars a quarter).
I am kinda kicking myself for not picking more up.  We don't eat a lot of applesauce in my house so I knew these would go to others but I still should have grabbed 2 for our family...it is {Hurricane} season.  Thing is the flyers were up front and by the time I tore the two coupons out I believe a little 3 year old diva was demanding a bit of attention...or was it her father..or was it me...I am not good on an empty stomach.  Well, it was one of those moments.

So, my total for the first 2 weeks of the month is a quarter.  I still have $4.75 left to spend.

2 comments:

SWFL Doula said...

I got yesterday 2 pakages of chips ahoy for free.. they're BOGO on Publix and I used the coupon I printed from facebook for a free package when you buy one + a gallon of milk (and we needed milk anyway).. and yesterday was actually the first time I've saved more than what I've spent =)

You inspire me!!

Mami said...

That is so {Cool}!!!!