Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pear Tree Greetings - Pen to Paper Challenge

When I was a little girl I wanted to become a doctor and own a Hallmark store.  If you ask Savvy what she wants to be she will tell you a rainbow...okay...she is 3 but there is a beautiful rainbow within her heart so her answer makes so much sense to me.

I wanted to become a doctor because I wanted to grow up and help people and that is what doctors do.  I wanted to own a Hallmark store because I have always loved paper products and in particular receiving and sending beautiful  cards.  Funny thing is that I still do.. I am a scrapbooker and I still enjoy opening up the mailbox to receive a handwritten card.

Today, I am just as guilty as (maybe you?) so many people where I have not sent as many cards as I used to and sit down and type a quick email or update my facebook page...this is where technology has taken us and in a way I love it.  To be able to communicate instantly with many is just wonderful...afterall...if it weren't for this ability I wouldn't have this blog.

I do still think that we need to take the time to sit down and write a nice note and place a stamp on it and let someone get the little treasure in the mailbox...a little smile delivered to their door.

I was delighted when Pear Tree Greetings welcomed me as a Pearista.  This means that I will be able to share some wonderful promotional codes and giveaways with you...and after receiving the notecards I was sent...I know you will be delighted to get some too!  This month they asked their Pearista's to partake in a Pen to Paper Challenge and I accepted.  I was to write a note on a beautiful "Hello" card that they sent me for the challenge and mail it out to anyone...deliver a little smile in a mailbox.

I took the challenge to heart and I decided to write a note to 4 children on the Make-A-Child Smile (MACS) list.  The note was simple written by me and "signed" by Savvy...

Hi,
My name is Savannah and I am 3 years old.  I am too young to write so my Mami is helping me.  I wanted to let you know that I too had a tough time with my body when I was a baby and know how tough it can get.  I also know that you are like me a Warrior Princess with a very strong spirit.  I wanted to let you know that I am proud of your strength and courage and wanted to send you some hugs...and stickers too!

You are in my heart and my Mami's heart and we will keep you in our prayers.
 XOXO,
Savannah (Warrior Princess just like You!)

I do not expect to hear back from any of these children....and really shouldn't because the note and stickers were sent to give them a smile...my smile came in sending it.

Disclosure: A special Thank You to Pear Tree Greetings for providing the notecards free of charge for the purpose of this challenge.  Any opinion expressed is my own and may be different then yours.  NO other form of compensation was received.

No comments: