Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Sharing: We should be {Frugal} with our Money but Never with our Hearts, Our Love or our Compassion for Others

This week on Sunday Sharing I wanted to take a moment to give a {{Heartfelt}} thank you to The Village of Moms.  I was asked to share our story....the story of a Warrior Princess and the Gift she has been blessed with.  I am grateful to have been asked to share our story and to continue to advocate for {Organ Donation}.


Although I have never met our donor angel's family...and may never meet them...I made a promise to them.  A promise to honor their Gift.  I want to Thank each of you who took the time to read our story at the Village of Moms and who came to visit our site.

I would love to invite you to visit Mami on a McMission and to help our family reach the goal of donating a Welcome Wagon filled with new toys to the Ronald McDonald House in Fort Lauderdale on December 29, 2010.

I have never been able to sit down and write about our Gift without shedding tears...not once.  I can not express to you how deeply meaningful the Gift of organ donation is to a family....I will never be able to express my gratitude to our donor angel's family.  I gave birth to Savvy...I gave her life on December 5, 2006...and the family I love that I have never met gave life to her on December 29, 2007.
Please...from a Mami who watched her innocent baby fight for her life...from one that prayed to God to take her last breath so that Savvy could have one more...from one who made plans to donate her child's organs if she did not beat her terrible disease...please I beg you...when you are fighting for your loved ones life .. {begging} is the least you will do...I {Beg} you to consider organ donation...
Leave of Legacy of Life.

If you need to put a face...a familia to this story...simply {CLICK HERE} and watch the PBS show I videotaped this past May.

2 comments:

Bree, Home of Blogmania said...

Oh I am so glad she is okay....Yes, it is tear provoking to read, to imagine and to think of the other family...
Thanks for sharing and bringing more passion to this topic!!!
B

MaggieK said...

Stopping by to let you know I have an award for you on my blog - http://mymommyadventure.blogspot.com/2010/09/awards.html