Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Sharing - We should be {frugal} with our Money but Never with our Hearts, Our Love or our Compassion for others featuring Locks of Love

This week on Sunday Sharing I wanted to feature Locks of Love because I think my hair is finally long to donate or super close to it!  I am super excited.  The last time my hair was long enough to donate I had it cut in Jersey by some amazing people who donated their services to the Ronald McDonald House.  They gave me a day of pampering that I so desperately needed.  I had nothing in my hair...no color, no highlights it was just long and pulled in a ponytail because it had not been in any sort of priority in my life.  After I got my haircut I felt guilty that I had not donated it....I know I had so much on my plate at the time since Savvy was still fighting so hard...she was pre-transplant but I still felt bad for not remembering.  When we are in the mist of our hard times we sometimes forget that others are suffering with hard times themselves...

My hair is almost long enough...I think it is and I am so excited to go and get it cut so I can donate it.  It is still not processed and heck I think I only have one or two gray hairs...not bad for an almost 40 year old ;)

So, I found the information on Locks of Love HERE. Locks of Love is an {Amazing} organization that allows people to donate their hair so children who have suffered hair loss can have wigs made for them. 

Their Mission Statement
Our mission is to return a sense of self, confidence and normalcy to children suffering from hair loss by utilizing donated ponytails to provide the highest quality hair prosthetics to financially disadvantaged children. The children receive hair prostheses free of charge or on a sliding scale, based on financial need.

The organization does not keep a list of participating salons so you would have to look for a Locks of Love decal display or simply call them up before you go.  If they don't participate in the program I bet the salon would help point you in the right direction.

No comments: