Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Charles Dickens - A Christmas Carol - A Pop up Book {Review}


Featured Item

Charles Dickens - A Christmas Carol by Chuck Fischer

Who is this present for?
  • Children of all ages
Price?
  • List price $36.99 but you can find it for much less - currently on Sale for $19.60 on Overstock.com.


Some books are just classics and A Christmas Carol is certainly one of the classics.  How can one think about Christmas without thinking of this tale.  The book that Savannah and I had the pleasure of reviewing is a Pop Up Book by Chuck Fischer with the Paper Enginerring by Bruce Foster.  This book is a{beautiful} hard cover book....seriously beautiful!  I am not a huge fan of Pop Up books because Savvy tends to tear the pages but I have to make an exception for this book.  It is beautiful, the pages are thick (although a determined 3 year old can still do some damage) and is a book that Savvy and I are going to read on Christmas Eve together along with Super Papi.

The entire story is told in 5 removable keepsake booklets.  The booklets are the story told for the older {kids} in the house will the pop ups do a beautiful job for the younger children.  It really is a lovely gift for the holidays.

I wish I could download the video for you so you can see the beauty for yourself but I have the next best thing...you can Click HERE and see the video.  This book can be purchased at Amazon.com, BN.com, Barnes and Nobles - the list price is $36 but I found the book listed on Overstock.com for $19.60.


Disclosure: A copy of this book was provided to me for Free for the purpose of the review.  All opinions expressed are my own.  No other form of compensation was received.

No comments: