Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Menu Planning?! What do you think?

I want to take it to the next level...I know many of you already plan your menus and I realize that I could be saving so much more money if I did this for our family too.  The thing that has stopped me from doing this up until this point is that I am not a great good cook.  I made my {specialty chicken} for dinner last night...chicken with Italian dressing poured on it...it is yummy but not ingenious. My hubby...he is another story...he is an {AMAZING} cook but he doesn't have the time to plan a menu....so I am going to spear head this....

My question for you is....would you like for me to share my menu for the week?  Will this be helpful to you?  If I do this it will be a Monday-Friday meal planning because on the weekends...I give the thrown back to my hubby.  My goal is to spend less by planning and to throw out less by planning.

Did you notice the cute little "Cooking Mama" ... yeah...that is me!  I will be wearing a cute pair of pumps as I plan my menu and wisk away ;)  I think "Cooking Mama" is adorable!  She has boobs and a small waist {I can only dream....}

"Cooking Mama" was created by Nicole who is a talented designer.  You can see her designs HERE.  Nicole has an etsy store in which she has pre-done images you can purchase for your blog or for digitial scrapbooking.  I think the images in her Etsy stores are adorable! 
 Disclosure:  The image of  "Cooking Mama" was provided to me free of charge to use on the blog.  Thank You to NicoleMarieByDesign. This review was made possible by Mom Made That!

5 comments:

Aleksandra Nearing said...

How funny, I JUST posted about menu planning help on my blog not 10 minutes ago :) Good luck! I'm a great cook but very disorganized in my grocery shopping...I'm trying to throw out and waste less food, too.

Mami said...

Maybe I could organize it and you could cook it??? :)

Amanda said...

I do a menu plan every week...I've blogged about it recently, too. Here's the link: http://justamandaslife.blogspot.com/2010/06/manic-mommy-monday-one-day-late-meal.html
Also check out Menu Plan Monday at Oraganizing Junkie - it's a lot of fun and a great way to get new ideas!

Mami said...

I am running over to check it out! Thanks Amanda!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Yes, that would be nice to see. I like getting ideas from others. It would be neat if you could make a meal from items you get on sale each week! Maybe one meal like that a week! :)