Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Menu Planning

I want to work on eating from the pantry this week.  So I am going to focus our meals on items we already have in the freezer frozen.  This may sound odd but I want to clean out our freezer so I can freeze some meals next weekend ... I want to pre-plan some meals for us to make in bulk and freeze for future dinners.  I am thinking this will be an even better way to save money with our groceries.  So, in my freezer I currently have bacon, chicken, ground beef,  and ropa vieja (yup...we made a lot), turkey sausage and should I count my ice cream?!


Monday -  Chicken Fajitas and grilled corn

Tuesday - Pot Stickers...I am going to combine two recipes.  I will be attempting my own dough and following the dough recipe from HERE and the filling recipe from HERE.


Wednesday - Oven Fried Panko Chicken  (I will be substituting the butter with margarine due to my daughter's dairy allergy) and rice.

Thursday - Pasta with a turkey sausage sauce


Friday - Chicken wrapped bacon and potato wedges

1 comment:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Just wanted to let you know I enjoy these posts :) The menu sounds great!